Friday, March 11, 2011

Make each day count...

Many of you recall one of the most memorable movies of the 90s, The Titanic. I loved this movie (yes I saw it 4 times in theatre and had Leonardo DiCaprio hung all over my bedroom walls) but even to this day there is still a quote from that movie that sticks in my mind like glue. If you remember, Jack was speaking to the weathly people around the dinner table and they asked him what he was doing and he told them, "I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."

Life really is a gift and too often we take it for granted. What we know one day could be completely changed in the blink of an eye the next. No matter what you are doing, make it count, even if it's something as simple as making breakfast each day, saying hello to a complete stranger or making just a little bit of progess on that long to-do list. Even Jack, who was sleeping under a bridge, not knowing if he would have food for dinner thought of his life as a gift. We need to remember that even the worst of situations can lead the best outcomes. So no matter how bad you think your life may be or how miserable you are at your job or whatever may be going on personally, there are so many other aspects of your life that make it worth while and MAKE IT COUNT...Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment